Hello guys and girls, i’ve been gone for far too long and it’s already 2015! I’m back for more updates and reviews because over my (another) mini hiatus, i’ve purchased/received a hell lot of beauty and makeup products as well as tried and tested services.
So let’s begin!
I so gratefully received this as a birthday gift for my 20th birthday this year and i was really excited! This primer has been on my list of “Primers To Get” for a while now and well, of course i’ve been delaying the purchase as it is pretty pricey. A 30ml tube retails for either SGD 64 or SGD 67 in Sephora (Singapore) and USD 39 in Sephora (USA).
The packaging was pretty and nothing crazy fabulous but the tube was really pretty and sleek. I love how it is a tube and not a pump because this means that I can bring it along for travelling without worrying that it’ll take up a small but still significant amount of baggage weight.
The texture is light and is pretty similar to regular lightweight moisturizer except that it’s green-coloured. It definitely feels weightless on my skin, velvety to the touch and looks dewy when absorbed and dried. It does fill up large pores to a large extent but not entirely. Besides, no product is a miracle.
Sad to say i have not used this without using a makeup setting spray after putting on my full face makeup. I’m currently using NYX’s Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray and i will review on that one soon-ish! However, I must say that my makeup looks so much smoother, closer to real skin and slightly dewy with this primer underneath as compared to using Maybelline’s Baby Skin Primer (the blue tube).
Here’s a little breakdown of my normal makeup routine (which takes me 30-60 mins to complete):
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer with SPF
- Maybelline’s Baby Skin Primer but NOW, Smashbox Photo Finish Colour Correcting Primer in Green
- Tarte 12hr Amazonian Clay Foundation in Fair Sand (applied with a really good, really soft, dense and really cheap flat top kabuki brush which i would do a review on as well)
- MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NC20 (applied with a TINY version of the foundation brush i used + some finger work)
- Skinfood Buckwheat Loose Powder (ELF flat top powder brush)
- A few sprays of NYX Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray
- Eyebrows – Sleek Au Naturale Palette with a slanted eyebrow brush
- Eyes – Sleek Au Naturale Palette or Sephora 130 Colour Festival Set
- Contour – Sleek Au Naturale Palette or Sephora 130 Colour Festival Set (applied with a dome-shaped kabuk/i brush)
- Cheeks & Highlight – Lancome Blush Subtil Palette or Sephora 130 Colour Festival Set (applied with a slanted kabuki brush)
- A few spritz of NYX Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray on nose and cheeks and eyes
- Curl Lashes + The Face Shop Mascara (i forgot the name)
- Madre Labs Lip Balm in vanilla/olive oil/pomegranate/tea tree and use a cotton bud to remove any foundation on lips
- Stila Colour Balm Lipstick in Amelia / Clinique’s Chubby Stick in 14 Curvy Candy / MAC Lustering Lipstick / L’oreal Paris Colour Riche (i forgot what shade color)
- lightweight formula and weightless on the skin
- dries to a slightly dewy/semi-matte finish
- has colour-correcting properties (cancels out my redness quite a lot) and doesn’t leave the face ashy looking
- velvety smooth base for foundation
- makes overall makeup look a lot smoother and softer
- basically, it is a f awesome primer –> fantabulous!
- Only 30ml
- Wish it cancels out more redness (but nothing is perfect and there was no guarantee to begin with LOL)
- I would totally try other primers if they are reputable and less pricey
- Pricey (minus 1 point)
- Doesn’t completely or 95% reduce redness. It reduces the redness on my face by 75% max. (minus 0.5 points)
Hope you enjoyed my review of the Smashbox Photo Finish Colour Correcting Primer in Green. Do let me know any of your favourite primers that I should try out! But i might even stick to Smashbox because the texture and finish is lovely 🙂
Will update more soon! Toodles!