I know, i know there’s just too many perks of getting married to list down here. Like my favourite one is being able to see H every single day and wake up to him looking so basi.
But today, I’m sharing one of the few that matters to me and that isn’t a given in every marriage.
FITNESS & HEALTH
Notice my preference for fitness to precede health?
Now, why does this matter? Simple.
- As of now it is so hard to gain muscle when you don’t have proper time to do it
- Don’t have heavier weights
- Parents are so conservative about this but over the years they have relaxed their bums out over this
- I can’t have H to train me like when he was working before NS
You might wonder, how does getting married actually solve or even relate to this subject?
- I have my trainer/hubby by my side
- He supports me and my fitness goals. He unlike many guys, never ever told me that the certain fitness athletes I look up to a lot are too muscular (like Ashley Horner, Chady Dunmore, Erin Stern, Zuzka and Dana Linn Bailey). In fact, he never stopped me from being however fit/muscular I want to be. When I asked him a hell lot of times about how he thinks abt this fitness athlete, he never said “eew no don’t be like her”. Every time he answered it the way he should if he was really supportive of me, I knew that this guy is made for me.
- We will get our own power rack in our own house –> heavier weights. We’ve been dreaming then planning and now much closer to achieving our dream of having a home gym in our own house in the near future.
- My parents can stop worrying about me being too muscular that nobody wants to marry me cos hey I’d be married already!
- I can workout however much or intense I want to when I’m pregnant cos I have my trusted personal trainer there for me. Well of course, not planning to get pregnant before our 5th anniversary for sure.
- I’ll be at the peak of my fitness and health!
- Can have healthy food everyday cos we’d prepare it ourselves. God, I’m so sick of Malay food.
- Also, I’d finally have someone to train & teach me hand-to-hand combat. Been wanting this for years. To learn not just to defend myself but fight without the need of a male to protect me all the time or save my ass whenever the need comes, all that while having a teacher who knows more than what is just necessary and who I’m super comfortable with. One of the great survival skills that I feel is highly essential. A girl with a pretty face and brains is just a girl with a pretty face and brains. That won’t count at all when survival mode is activated.
- I can help my baby gain back his strength and fitness esp now that he his a critical back injury that stopped him from so much physical activities. It’s crazy. I think it’s driving him up the wall and way way over it. HE NEEDS TO RECOVER FROM THE INJURY.
- It’s just awesome being fit and knowing that you can do anything. You can run fast, you can lift heavy shit without needing a man to help you, you can break people’s faces, you are healthy, the muscles in your body will protect you if you get into any accidents more than layers of fat ever will, you don’t feel insecure, you just feel good.
So feast your eyes on my favourite fitness athletes! No more alpha males, females we’re going alpha too. Fitness isn’t all about the sex appeal, which is what many fitness instagram accounts are trying to potray.
To the conservative ones who hate looking at excessive skin packed with guns, it’s time for you to leave. Don’t scroll down.
Jamie Eason (she’s really petite, much like the average Asian girl)
Dana Linn Bailey (so much respect & admiration for her)
I love Erin Stern’s, Ashley Horner & Chady Dunmore’s SIZE! I feel Zuzana is too lean for my liking now although her muscle definition is INSANE!
I know many girls and guys would prolly be throwing strange looks at Dana cos she’s bigger than so many Asian guys but she’s married and smoking hot. Size doesn’t matter people. It’s what’s inside the heart that does matter 😉
Oh what the hell, let me throw in one of H’s fav boys, Steve Cook. Look at that baby face!